This channel was released on January 1, 2011, and is basically a talk show where they only talk about American-African entertainment and lifestyle. This show is basically based on African and American audiences. The OWN app supports a lot of devices and Roku is one of them. Today we will tell you how you can stream and activate OWN TV on your Roku device.
How to stream and activate OWN TV app on Roku?
- Turn on your Roku device and must have an internet connection.
- Go to the Home screen and locate the Streaming channels option.
- Go to the Search Channels option and type “OWN TV” in the empty field with the help of an on-screen keyboard.
- Now, select the OWN TV app from the search results.
- Simply tap on the Add Channel option, for installing OWN TV on your Roku device.
- After installing OWN TV, launch the channel.
- Log in with OWN TV credentials.
- After a while, an activation code will be prompted on your screen. Note it down somewhere or else you can pause your screen right there.
Note- All the above steps are for installing and adding the OWN TV app on your Roku device. But you still not able to watch OWN TV on Roku, you need to activate OWN TV by using star.watchown.tv/activate. So, further methods are for activating OWN TV.
- Now, visit https://start.watchown.tv/activate from any other device such as mobile and computer.
- After visiting this website, you will be asked to enter the activation code. You have to enter your activation code in the respective field.
- After filling the activation code in the respective field, then simply tap on the Activate option.
- Now select or search your TV provider from the given list and follow all the upcoming prompts.
- After a while, you are ready to stream OWN on Roku device.
Note- If your Roku device does not support OWN TV, then you can still stream OWN on Roku device. But in this, you will also need another device. In this process, Roku’s cast/screen mirroring feature will help you, we can stream OWN TV on your Roku by casting from other devices such as mobile or computer.
Read also- How to fix Mobile Strike not loading error?
Follow these steps-
- Turn on your Roku device.
- Must have an Internet connection.
- Press the Home button from the Roku remote.
- Click on the Setting option.
- Now, go to the System option.
- Select the Screen mirroring/cast option and enable it.
- Now move on to your smartphone side, first of all, install Watch OWN from the Play Store or App Store.
- After installing, go to the setting option.
- Tap on the Connection & Sharing option.
- Click on the Cast option.
- Now enable the cast option, and it automatically scans all nearby devices.
- When you see the name of your Roku device on the screen, then click on it.
- After connecting, launch the OWN app. You are ready to stream Watch OWN TV Channels on Roku.