Google Play Music is an online music streaming service developed by Google. In this, you will get millions of songs to stream. In this, you can download and listen to your favorite song any time, even if you are not connected to the Internet at that time. Google Play Music is one of the leading Music services in the world. Here we discuss how you can stream Google Play music on Roku?
Is Google play music available on Roku?
Google Play Music is not available in Roku, although Google Play Music is easily available to you on Android, iOS, Chromecast, Firestick, and Fire TV. But it is not so in the case of Roku. This is due to Roku’s OS, maybe in the coming time, you can stream the Google Play Music on your Roku device.
Although there are many apps and channels that you can easily stream on a Roku device. In the Google Play Music case, there is no direct way to stream on Roku. But there is an indirect way by which you can stream Google Play Music on Roku. Here we are talking about a feature “screen mirroring” on the Roku, which you may also know by the name of casting. With the help of screen mirroring, you can cast Google Play Music from another device and stream it on your Roku.
How to stream Google Play Music on Roku?
Here we will show you how you can stream Google Play Music on Roku with the help of the cast/mirroring feature of your Android device. Follow each step one by one to stream music.
- First, connect your android phone and Roku device through the same Wi-Fi.
- Now go to the Setting option in Roku.
- Navigate to the Roku Device Option and click it.
- Go to the Screen mirroring option and enable it.
- Now move on to your android phone, Install the Google Play music app first.
- After installing the app, go to the Setting option.
- Locate the Connection & Sharing option and click it.
- Out of all the options, only you have to select the cast option.
- Now enable the Cast option, and it automatically scans all nearby devices to cast.
- When your Roku device name appears on your screen, simply click on it.
- After connecting, open the Google Play Music app on your android phone and enjoy your song.
Follow all these steps to stream Google Play music on Roku.
Alternative of Google Play Music-
Are you looking for an alternative to Google Play Music? Here we mention the 5 best alternatives to Google Play Music.
- Amazon Music
I am unable to stream free radio?
Google Play Music offers a free Radio service for its users, which means you don’t have to need a subscription to stream Radio. But at present, this service is available only in 3 countries, the USA, Canada and India. If you are streaming from anywhere other than these 3 countries then you will not get this facility.
Google Play Music is a very popular online music streaming service. In this article, we told you how to stream Google Play music on your Roku device. Currently casting is the only way you can stream from it. In the future, if Roku developers add any feature that allows you to stream Google Play music directly from your Roku, then we will come up with a method guide to stream directly from Roku.