Roku is one of the popular streaming devices in the United States, you can catch thousands of videos, Live TV, video on demand, and many outstanding shows on it. In Spite of having too much fame of the Roku device, sometimes you might have encountered lagging or freezing. This is not occurred by the Roku device, it never stored any of your cache and data. All these cache issue credits go to the channel you added on the Roku device, they literally stored cache and files. Which is the real culprit for the lagging on Roku. So I will teach you how to clear cache on Roku device?
How to clear cache on Roku ?-
You can easily clear the cache of your Roku device by using your Roku remote. Follow these steps one by one to clear the cache on Roku.
- Turn on your Roku device.
- Next, press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Now navigate to the Home option and click it.
- Simply follow these steps- press these following remote keys consecutively for clearing cache on Roku.
- Press the Home Buttons ( 5 times )
- Press the Up button ( 1 time )
- Now, Press the Rewind button ( 2 times)
- At last, Press Fast Forward ( 2 times )
- After proceeding with all these functions, wait for 10 to 30 seconds. It can automatically clear all cache and unwanted files from your Roku devices.
What happens after clearing the cache?
After clearing the cache and unwanted files, you will see that the performance of your device will get a little boost. All these caches slow-down your performance and speed, which apparently causes freezing sometimes, and clearing caches definitely help to clear your device burden.
What if you still facing the lagging issue?
If you still have this problem after clearing the cache, you can try restarting your device once.
- By simply restart your device can automatically vanish all unwanted and unnecessary data from your device.
- Or you can simply plug-out Roku’s wire.