OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) is an American streaming platform that offers shows and series for African American audiences. OWN offers a large variety of shows, movies, and original shows basically for African American audiences. Apart from shows, you can also stream Live TV. Over 90 million American households receive OWN channels. In this guide, we will explain to you how you can install and activate watch OWN TV on these streaming devices by using the start.watchown.tv/activate link.
Popular shows of OWN TV-
- Queen Sugar
- Black love
- The Belle Collective
- Married to the Army
- Oprah prime
- Addicted to food
- Finding Sarah
- Life with La Toya
OWN TV app supports most of the streaming devices-
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV
Activate Watch OWN TV on Roku(start.watchown.tv/activate)-
- Make sure your device has an internet connection.
- Now, tap on the home button on your remote to get the menu.
- Then navigate to the streaming channels option and click on the search channels option in the channel store tab.
- Enter “OWN” in the empty field by using a remote and select the Watch OWN app from the search result.
- After this, click on the Add Channel option to install the Watch OWN app on your Roku device.
- Then click on the Go to channel and find the Watch OWN app, launch it.
- Navigate the Sign-in option on your app home screen and submit your account credentials. In a while, an activation code will appear on the screen.
- Then move on to another device like mobile or computer and visit start.watchown.tv/activate link from any browser.
- You will be asked to submit your given code in it. Submit your given activation code in the following field.
- Click on the activate button.
- Now, sign in with your TV provider credentials and select your TV provider from the given list.
Activate Watch OWN TV on Amazon Fire TV(start.watchown.tv/activate)-
- Must have an internet connection on your Fire TV.
- Navigate Amazon Store on your home screen and click it
- Go to the search icon and enter “OWN TV” by using a virtual keyboard.
- Select Watch OWN TV from the suggestion result.
- Click on the Get option to install OWN TV on Amazon Fire TV.
- The installation process takes few minutes, then launch the app.
- Follow all the upcoming prompts to get an activation code on your TV screen.
- Note it down or else pause your screen.
- Go to start.watchown.tv/activate from any device.
- Enter your given activation code in the respective field and click on the activate button..
- You will be asked to enter your TV Provider account credentials. Simply select your TV provider from the given list and sign in with the given account credentials.
Activate Watch OWN TV on Apple TV-
- Make sure your Apple TV is connected to the internet.
- Navigate Apps store on your home screen and click it.
- Go to the Search tab and type “OWN TV” with the help of your remote.
- Select Watch OWN TV app from the search result.
- Click on the install button.
- After installing, launch the app.
- Go to the sign-in option and enter your account in the following section.
- After sign in, you get an activation code on your TV screen. Simply note it down or else pause your screen at that moment.
- Move on to another device like mobile or computer and visit start.watchown.tv/activate link from any browser.
- Submit your given activation code in the respective field and tap on the activate button.
- Select your TV provider from the given list, and sign in using your TV provider’s given account credentials.
Read also- How to activate Twitch Tv on multiple devices?
Activate Watch OWN TV on Android TV-
- Locate the Play Store on your home screen.
- Go to the search icon (magnifier) and type “OWN TV” by using an on-screen keyboard.
- Select Watch OWN TV app from the search result.
- Tap on the install button.
- After installing, launch the OWN TV app.
- Click on the sign-in option and submit your email account to get an activation code on your TV screen.
- Go to start.watchown.tv/activate link from your mobile or computer browser.
- You will be asked to submit your given code.
- After entering your code, click on the activate button.
- Choose your TV provider name from the given list and sign in using the TV Provider’s account credentials.
How to Watch OWN TV without any cable?
There many online media streaming services, which offers Watch OWN TV channel on their subscription plan. It is just an alternative way to watch OWN TV on streaming devices. These are the following media streaming platforms-
- YouTube TV
- AT&T TV
Philo is one of the major media streaming platforms in the U.S. It offers Watch OWN TV on its subscription plan, along with 60 other channels such as AMC, Comedy Central, MTV.VH!, Paramount, and many more for $25 per month.
- You also get 7 days free trial.
- 3 devices can simultaneously stream Philo at once.
- You can record unlimited content on its cloud DVR.
- Philo supports most of the devices such as Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, iOS, and android.
YouTube TV is a well-known streaming platform in the world. It also offers to Watch OWN TV channels as well as 60 other channels such as Comedy Central, Discovery, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, E!, ESPN, Food Network, Fox News, Freeform, FX, FXX, HGTV and many more as a part of its $64.99 per month subscription plan.
- You can record limitless shows in its cloud DVR.
- 3 Users can watch simultaneously.
- It supports most of the major devices- Android TV, iOS, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Google Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV and many more devices.
FuboTV is also an alternative way to watch OWN TV without cable. FuboTV also offers OWN TV on its subscription plan for $64.99 per month. Along with the OWN channel, you can also get to stream 90+ other channels such as HGTV, History, Investigation Discovery, Lifetime, Comedy Central, Discovery, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, E!, ESPN, Food Network, Fox News and many others.
- It also offers 7 days free trial.
- You can record your favorite shows on its 250-hour cloud DVR.
- 3 users can watch simultaneously.
- FuboTV is also compatible with most of the streaming devices- Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, Smart TV, and many more.
AT&T TV is also one of the most popular media streaming services in the U.S. You can watch OWN TV on its choice package for $84.99/month. 65 other channels also include in this subscription plan such as ESPN, Food Network, Fox News, Freeform, FX, FXX, Hallmark Channel, HGTV, History, Investigation Discovery, Lifetime, MSNBC, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, Syfy, and many more.
- You get only a 20-hour cloud DVR for recording your favorite shows.
- Over 20 users can use AT&T TV at once.
- AT&T TV is compatible with most devices like Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, and many more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)-
My activation code is not working?
- Make sure you are submitting the correct code.
- Most probably, your code might get expire because if you take a longer time to submit the code, then it automatically expires the code.
- Check whether you are using any third-party app or not because in some cases, third-party apps conflict with the OWN TV app.
Is Watch OWN TV available on Sling service?
Currently. Sling service does not offer OWN TV on their subscription plan.
OWN TV app is not working?
- Check whether you are connected to the internet properly or not.
- Make sure you have a high-speed internet connection.
- Try another streaming device.
- Reinstall the OWN TV app on your device.
- Contact OWN TV customer care.
Is OWN TV available outside the U.S?
Currently, the OWN TV is available within the U.S boundaries. You are unable to use OWN TV outside the U.S.