HGTV is an American pay television channel, which is owned by Discovery, Inc. Now you can watch all your favorite shows on Roku, Apple TV, iOS, Android, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung Smart TV. In these streaming devices, you need to activate the HGTV app first, then you can enjoy HGTV shows. You must visit this link watch.hgtv.com/activate and activate your HGTV app.
Activate HGTV on Roku
Follow these steps to stream and activate HGTV on Roku device-
- Turn on your Roku (make sure that your Roku device is connected to WiFi).
- Go to the Roku Home page by pressing the home button on the Roku remote.
- Navigate to the Streaming Channel option and click it.
- Now, go to the Search tab and enter “HGTV” by using an on-screen keyboard.
- Select the HGTV app from the suggestion box.
- Now you will automatically proceed to the HGTV app page and to download this app on your Roku device, click on the “Add Channel” option.
- In a while, HGTV will be installed on your Roku device, and then click on Go to Channel to launch HGTV.
- Soon after launching the HGTV, you need to sign in first (if asked) then an activation code will appear on your screen. Note it down somewhere or else pause your screen.
Note- On all the steps so far, we have explained to you how you can install HGTV on Roku. Now in the further steps, we will tell you how you can activate the HGTV app.
- Next, go to watch.hgtv.com/activate from any other devices such as mobile and computer.
- You will be asked for an activation code here.
- Enter an activation code in the given field.
- Now click on the “Activate” option.
- Select your TV provider from the given list and sign in using the account credentials of TV providers.
- All done, now you are ready for streaming HGTV on a Roku device.
Read also- How to activate crackle?
Activate HGTV on Fire TV
Follow these steps to watch and activate HGTV on Fire TV-
- Turn on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Your Firestick must be connected to the Internet.
- First, go to the Home screen.
- Navigate the Apps option on the top menu and click on it.
- Go to the search icon and type “HGTV” with the help of an on-screen keyboard.
- Select the HGTV app from the result box.
- For downloading HGTV on firestick, simply tap on the HGTV app.
- After installing the HGTV app, open it.
- Now, an activation code will be sent to your screen. Simply note it down somewhere or else keep your screen paused here only.
Note- All the above steps are for installing HGTV on fire TV and the below steps help you to activate HGTV.
- Now, enter this URL watch.hgtv.com/activate from any other devices.
- Enter the activation code in the respective field and click on the Activate option.
- Choose your TV provider name from the list and submit your account credentials.
- After a while, you are ready to stream HGTV on Fire TV.
Activate HGTV on Apple TV
Follow these steps to stream and activate HGTV on Apple TV.
- First, go to the App store.
- Navigate to the search option and type “HGTV”.
- Select HGTV from the search result.
- Click on the app and then tap on the install option.
- After a while, the app will be installed on Apple TV.
- Then launch your HGTV and an activation code will appear on your screen. Simply note it down somewhere or else pause your screen.
Note- All the given steps are for installing and downloading HGTV on Apple TV. Further steps are for activating HGTV.
- Visit the www.watch.hgtv.com/activate page from any other devices.
- Now, type the given activation code on the blank field. Then click on “Activate”.
- Select your TV provider and sign in using your given account credentials.
- After a while, you are ready to stream HGTV on Apple TV.
Activate HGTV on Android TV
- Turn on your Android TV (your device must have an internet connection).
- Go to the Play store.
- Click on the search icon and type “HGTV”.
- Select the HGTV app from the search result.
- Now click on the install option.
- Wait until the installation process finishes, then launch the app.
- Now enter your account credentials and in a while, a code will appear on your screen.
- Visit watch.hgtv.com/activate from any other device.
- Now, enter your given code in the respective field.
- Click on the Activate option.
- Now select your TV Provider from the given list.
- Sign in using your TV provider given account credentials.
- You are ready to watch HGTV on Android TV.
Activate HGTV on Samsung Smart TV
- Turn on your Samsung smart TV.
- Press the home button on the TV remote.
- Now, go to the app’s icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the search icon (magnifier).
- Enter HGTV with the help of an on-screen keyboard.
- Now click on the HGTV app and install it.
- Wait until the installation process finishes, then open your app.
- In a while, an activation code will prompt on your screen.
- Move on to another device like mobile or computer and visit watch.hgtv.com/activate from any browser.
- Submit your given activation code in the respective field and click on the activate option.
- You can now watch HGTV on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to watch HGTV without any cable?
You can also stream the HGTV channel without any cable. There are many media streaming services available in the market that offers HGTV channel as a part of their subscription plan. It is an alternative way to watch the HGTV channel on your streaming devices-
- YouTube TV
- AT&T TV
HGTV is a part of the YouTube TV base package. YouTube TV is one of the best Streaming services in the U.S. ALong with the HGTV Channel, you can also check out 70 other popular channels like Disney, history, ESPN, and many others for $64.99/month.
- You can record limitless content with its unlimited cloud DVR storage.
- Three devices can stream at a single time.
- 1-week free trial also available.
- Compatible- Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, and Smart TVs.
Philo is the cheapest streaming service that offers HGTV as a part of its plan. It only takes $25 per month for HGTV and 50 other channels. It is the newest media streaming service in the U.S.
- Apart from the cheapest, it also offers 7 days free trial.
- You can also record in its cloud DVR storage.
- Compatible- Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, and Smart TVs.
Hulu is one of the most popular streaming platforms in the U.S. It also offers an HGTV channel as well as 70 other channels on its Hulu Live TV service. It only costs $64.99 per month.
- Hulu offers 50 hours of recording in its cloud DVR storage.
- Two users can simultaneously stream at once.
- Compatible- Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, and Smart TVs.
AT&T TV is another streaming platform for watching HGTV. You can watch the HGTV channel for $69.99 per month. Apart from the HGTV channel, there are plenty of channels also available on the list.
- It offers cloud DVR storage.
- 20 users can watch at a single time.
- Compatible- Apple TV, Android TV,
FuboTV is also one of the popular streaming services. You can watch the HGTV channel as well as 80 other channels as a part of its plan for $64.99 per month.
- You can record your favorite shows on its 250 hours of cloud DVR storage.
- Compatible- Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, and many more.
Frequently Asked Questions-
Is the HGTV app available outside the U.S?
Sorry, you can only access the HGTV app within the U.S and its territories.
Can I use the HGTV app while offline?
No, you cannot use the HGTV app. You need an internet connection to access HGTV content and shows.
What If my TV provider is not on the given list?
Then you are not able to activate the HGTV app. HGTV app can be activated by those, whose TV provider name is present in the given list.
How to watch HGTV outside the U.S?
As we know, the HGTV app available within the U.S. But you can also access HGTV content by using a VPN (Virtual Private Network).