Ticketmaster is a popular platform for buying and selling tickets for any kind of event, show, and concert. The website and app play the most important part in connecting users and the ticket seller. The Ticketmaster works perfectly, however, in some cases many users encounter Ticketmaster error code u201.
Generally, error code: u201 occurs due to some wrong information on your credit card. However, it can also generate by some other means as well. In this article, we will discuss all the reasons and ways to fix the error code u201 problem.
What are the reasons for Ticketmaster error code u201?
There can be many reasons for this error-
- Wrong card details
- Expired credit card
- Blocked card
- Slow internet speed
- No internet connection
- Corrupted cache and data
- Browser extensions messing
- Server down
Also read: – How to fix Samsung TV no sound issue?
How to fix Ticketmaster error code u201?
There are multiple ways to get rid of error code u201. We explain from the common solution to the trickiest one.
Check your Internet connection: –
Most of the time Ticketmaster error code u201 occurs due to some internet connection fault.
- There is a high chance that your internet speed is very slow (Make sure to perform a speed test before visiting the Ticketmaster website).
- Make sure to place your device as close to your router signal.
- Clear all the obstacles between your router and device.
- Use ethernet or any other wired medium.
- If you are facing slow internet speed, then switch to any other medium of internet.
- Try to restart your router/modem.
Check your card details: –
Wrong credit card details can also lead to error code u201.
- Make sure you have entered the correct name and card number.
- Check whether your card is blocked on not.
- Maybe your credit card expired.
- Try any other credit card, then check.
- Contact your Bank.
Use VPN: –
Many users said that they resolved this error by using VPN. Many times, a lot of requests are sent through us on the Ticketmaster website, due to which they think as threats and block our IP address. Its result is that you are not able to access Ticketmaster and you see this error.
Therefore, when we use VPN, we are provided with a new IP address, which can be used to overlap Ticketmaster security.
Corrupted data and cache are also reasons for Ticketmaster error code u201. These caches and cookies conflict with the browser to performance. Therefore, the best option is to clear all these data and caches from the browser.
Google Chrome: –
Step 1: – Go to the three vertical dots from the top bar.
Step 2: – Select the settings.
Step 3: – Choose the Privacy and Security option.
Step 4: – Then go to the Clear browsing data option.
Step 5: – Choose the All time in the Time range.
Step 6: – Then click on the Clear Data option.
Microsoft Edge: –
Step 1: – Go to the three dots from the above bar.
Step 2: – Choose the settings option.
Step 3: – On the next screen, select the privacy, search, and services option.
Step 4: – Then scroll down until clear browsing data option will not available, then click on the Choose what to clear every time you close the browser.
Step 5: – Now toggle on the specific fields you want clear like Cookies and other site data.
Step 6: – Then restart your browser and launch the Ticketmaster.
Disable third-party extensions: –
- There are many extensions that can create problems while putting card details on Ticketmaster. The best solution to get rid of Ticketmaster error code u201 is to disable all the third-party extensions on your browser.
- Many extensions may prevent users to request the Ticketmaster server.
Change browser: –
If even after clearing the cache and disabling the extension, you are still not able to fix error code u201 then only one thing is left to do. Sometimes that particular browser may not support Ticketmaster, then you have only one solution left to switch browsers.
You can also switch to the Ticketmaster app on your Smartphone.
Reinstall the Ticketmaster app: –
If you are using the Ticketmaster app and still encounter this error. Then this might be due to the following reasons
- Your Ticketmaster app might not be up to date.
- You should clear the cache and data from the app.
- You have to re-install it in order to clear corrupted data from the app.
Server down: –
If even applying all the above methods and you are still stuck on it. Then there is a high chance that the problem is not from your end but there is a server issue on Ticketmaster.
- Maybe the server will be down due to maintenance.
- Over users at a single time using Ticketmaster.
- There can be any server issue.