Smithsonian Channel is an American TV channel owned by ViacomCBS. As you understand from its name, it basically offers content inspired by the Smithsonian Institutions like magazines, museums, research facilities, and much more. Along with this, it covers historical, scientific, and cultural shows as well. Over 40 million U.S households received Smithsonian Channel on their home. Smithsonian Channel was launched on September 26, 2007. In this article, we will guide you on how you can activate Smithsonian Channel on multiple devices by using the sc.tv/activate link. It supports a large number of different devices such as-
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
How to activate Smithsonian Channel on Roku?
- Make sure your Roku device must have an active internet connection.
- Go to the Roku home screen and navigate the Roku Channel store.
- Click on the Streaming Channels option under Roku Channel Store.
- Select the Search Channel option.
- Enter the “Smithsonian Channel” in the search field by using an on-screen keyboard.
- Choose the Smithsonian Channel app from the search result.
- Select the Add Channel option on the next page.
- After installing, go to the home page and navigate the Go to Channel button and click it.
- Find the Smithsonian Channel app on the list and launch it.
- Complete the all-upcoming sign-in option in order to get an activation code on your TV screen. Now note it down somewhere and launch any other browser on any other device.
- Go to the sc.tv/activate link to proceed activation process.
- You will be asked to submit the given activation code in the respective field and click on the activate button.
- Select your respective TV provider from the given list.
- Complete all the upcoming prompts in order to complete the activation process.
How to activate Smithsonian Channel on Apple TV?
- Connect your Apple TV to the Wi-Fi connection.
- First, go to the App Store from the home screen.
- Navigate the search icon on the top bar and type “Smithsonian channel” on the search field.
- Select the app from the suggestion list.
- Click on the install button on the next page.
- Once your app will be installed, launch it.
- Sign in with your account credentials to get an activation code on your Tv screen.
- Copy that code and visit sc.tv/activate link on any browser.
- Submit the given activation code in the following field.
- Then click on the activate button.
- Select your TV provider from the given list in order to complete activation.
- Your screen will automatically refresh, once the activation process is completed.
How to activate Smithsonian Channel on Amazon Fire TV?
- Your device must be connected to the internet connection.
- Navigate the Apps option from the home screen.
- Go to the search icon and enter “Smithsonian Channel” on the search field by using remote or voice command.
- Choose the app from the search result.
- Click on the download/install button on the next page.
- Wait until the installation process finishes, then launch the app.
- You have to sign in with your account’s username and password.
- Then an activation code will generate on your TV screen. Go copy that code and visit any other device such as mobile and computer.
- Launch browser and type sc.tv/activate link in the search field.
- Submit your activation code in the respective field and click on the activate button.
How to activate Smithsonian Channel on Android TV (sc.tv/activate)?
- First, tap on the home button on your TV remote to get a home screen.
- Navigate the Play Store from the home screen and click it.
- Locate the search icon (magnifying glass) on the top-right side of your screen.
- Enter “Smithsonian Channel” with the help of a virtual keyboard.
- Only select the Smithsonian Channel app from the search result.
- Click on the install button.
- After installing, launch the app from the home screen.
- Navigate the sign-in option and submit the account credentials to get an activation code on your TV screen.
- Move on to another browser on your phone or computer and visit sc.tv/activate URL.
- Now you have to submit the given activation code in the empty field.
- Then click on the activate button.
How to watch Smithsonian Channel without any cable provider?
If you want to watch Smithsonian Channel without any TV provider then there are many services available that offer Smithsonian Channel without any TV provider.
Hulu is the popular streaming service in the U.S. Smithsonian Channel is included in the Hulu Live TV service. Hulu recently include the Hulu Live TV service. It offers over 70 channels (TLC, TNT, TBS, VH1, ESPN, MTV, Fox News, FX, FXX, CNN, truTV, USA Network, etc.) as a part of its subscription plan and this plan costs around $64.99 per month.
- It offers 7 days free trial.
- 70+ channels.
- 50 hours of cloud DVR storage for recording favorite moments (you can also upgrade to a 200 hours cloud DVR storage by taking $14.99 per month more.
- Two devices can stream a single time.
- Supports a large number of devices- Roku, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, PS4, PS5, Nintendo, Xbox, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, and VIZIO Smart TV.
FuboTV is another popular streaming service in the U.S that includes Smithsonian Channel on its channel list. Along with Smithsonian Channel, it also offers 90+ channels (ESPN, E!, Fox News, VH1, Syfy, WE tv, TLC, Comedy Central, BET, AMC, etc.) for $64.99 per month.
- You also get 1-week free trials.
- Over 90 channels are available.
- 250 hours cloud DVR storage available (You can also increase up to a 1000 hours Cloud DVR by upgrading its plan).
- While three devices can stream at once.
- Supports various devices like- Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, iOS, Android, Windows, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, Xbox, and VIZIO Smart TV.
- It does not support PlayStation and Nintendo devices.
YouTube TV is another way to stream Smithsonian Channel on streaming devices. The package costs around $64.99 per month and it includes over 60 channels like AMC, Fox News, HGTV, FX, FXX, VH1, WE tv, truTV, VH1, HGTV, FX, ESPN, etc.
- It offers unlimited cloud DVR storage for its users.
- Three devices can stream at the same time.
- 60+ channels are available.
- It supports a large number of devices- iOS, Android, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Mac, Windows, Xbox, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, PS4, and VIZIO Smart TV.
- It does not support Nintendo devices.
Can I watch the Smithsonian channel on Roku?
Yes, you can install and watch the Smithsonian Channel app on Roku. You can watch Smithsonian Channel by app and other media streaming services such as Hulu, AT&T TV, and YouTube TV.
List of TV providers?
- Xfinity Direct TV
- Fios by Verizon
- YouTube TV
- Altice one
- Fubo TV
- Grande Communications
- Pluto TV
- Blue Ridge
Smithsonian Channel is buffering and freezing?
- Your internet speed might be too slow for streaming Smithsonian Channel.
- Check whether your internet connection is properly connected or not.
- Try any other internet service provider.
- Change your streaming devices.