MTV (Music Television) is one of the largest music channels in the world. This channel basically dedicated to music and youth entertainment shows. It offers the latest music albums, shows, reality shows, and gossip shows. MTV supports most of the major streaming devices such as Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Firestick, Roku, and Xbox. In this guide, we will tell you how you can install and activate the MTV app on the following devices by using the mtv.com/activate link.
Activate MTV on Roku-
- Make sure that your Roku device is connected to the Internet.
- Go to the Roku Home page by tapping the home button on your Roku remote.
- Navigate to the Streaming Channel option and click it.
- Scroll down until you find the search option.
- Now, type “MTV” with the help of an on-screen keyboard.
- Select MTV app from related suggestion results.
- Click on the Add channel option to install MTV on your Roku device.
- The installation process takes a while. Once added, then click on Go to channel to open MTV.
- Navigate the Sign-in button on your MTV app and submit your account credentials to get an activation code on your TV screen.
- Then open a browser on another device like mobile or computer and visit the mtv.com/activate link.
- You will be asked to submit your activation code. Simply enter an activation code in the respective field.
- Now click on the “Continue” option to proceed to the next step.
- Select your respective TV provider from the given list and submit the TV provider’s given account credentials.
- Once it completes, your Roku screen will automatically refresh to load MTV contents.
Activate MTV on Apple TV-
- Turn on your Apple TV.
- Your device must have an internet connection.
- Launch the App Store from the home screen.
- Navigate to the search bar at the top side and enter “MTV” by using a virtual keyboard.
- Choose the official MTV app from the given suggestion.
- You will proceed to the MTV app page, click on the install button.
- Once MTV will be installed, launch it.
- Go to the Sign-in option and enter your MTV account in the following area.
- Then an activation code will prompt on your screen for activating your device.
- Launch a browser on a computer or mobile and go to the mtv.com/activate link.
- Submit your given activation code in the following field.
- Then click on the “Continue” option.
- You have to select your respective TV Provider from the given list and log in with your TV provider’s given account.
Activate MTV on Android TV-
- Your device must have an internet connection.
- Open the Play Store from your home screen.
- Go to the search icon and enter “MTV” with the help of a virtual keyboard.
- Choose the MTV app from the given suggestion list.
- You will be promoted to the MTV app page and select the install button.
- Wait until the installation process finishes, then launch the app.
- Sign in using your MTV account to get a unique code for activation.
- Visit the mtv.com/activate link from any other device’s browser.
- Now you have to submit your unique code in the respective field and click on the continue button.
- Choose your TV provider and log in using your TV provider’s given account.
Read also- How to watch AMC on multiple devices?
Activate MTV on Xbox (mtv.com/activate)-
- Turn on your Xbox device.
- Make sure you have an internet connection.
- Go to the Xbox channel option and search “MTV” by using an on-screen keyboard.
- Select the MTV app from the search result.
- The installation process takes a while.
- Launch the app.
- After a while, an activation code will be prompted on your screen. Simply note it down or else pause your screen.
- Now move on to the other device such as mobile or computer.
- Visit mtv.com/activate to submit the given activation code.
- Enter the given activation code in the respective field.
- Now click on the continue button.
- Log in with your given TV provider’s account.
Activate MTV on Amazon Firestick-
- Turn on your firestick and your Firestick must be connected to the Internet.
- First, go to your home screen and select the search menu.
- Navigate the Apps store on the menu and find “MTV”.
- Choose the MTV app from the suggestion.
- Click on the Get/download option to install the MTV app on your Amazon Fire Stick.
- After installing the MTV app, launch it.
- Follow all the upcoming directions to get an activation code on your TV screen.
- Move on to another device such as a mobile or computer.
- Go to mtv.com/activate link from any browser.
- Enter the activation code in the given field.
- Click on the continue button.
- You will be asked to select your TV provider name and account credentials.
- After logging in with your TV provider’s account credentials.
- After a while, your TV will automatically refresh and load MTV content.
How to stream MTV without any cable?
All the above-mentioned methods will require your cable operators and TV provider, but if you want to stream MTV channel without a TV provider then you can also stream this channel with the help of online streaming services. There are many media streaming platforms available that offer MTV channels on their subscription plans.
- YouTube TV
YouTube TV is one of the popular media streaming platforms in the world. MTV channel along with 60 other channels such as AMC, Travel Channel, HGTV, FX, Freeform, truTV, Disney, etc on its subscription plan for $64.99/month.
- You can record unlimited your favorite moment to its cloud DVR storage.
- Three users can simultaneously watch YouTube TV at once.
- Supports- Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Android, iOS, Android TV, Samsung Smart TV, LG smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, and many more.
Sling TV also includes MTV channels on their subscription plan. Apart from the MTV channel, sling tv also offers 30 other channels such as A&E, MSNBC, TBS, TLC, Travel Channel, and many more for $41/month.
- Users can record 50 hours of content to its cloud DVR storage.
- Only 1 user can stream at once.
- Supports- Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon fire tv, iOS, Android, Roku, Smart TV, and many more.
FuboTV is also one of the popular streaming services in the U.S. It also includes MTV channel, along with 90+ channels such as A&E, BET, Bravo, Comedy Central, ESPN, Food Network, VH1, MSNBC, We TV, SYFY, and many others as part of their subscription plan for $64.99 per month.
- You can record 250 hours of your favorite shows on its cloud DVR storage.
- Three users can stream Fubo TV at a time.
- Supports- A&E, BET, Comedy Central, VH1, TLC, History, Syfy, and many more.
Philo is the newcomer in the streaming market and also the cheapest medium to watch MTV channel. You can watch MTV channel as well as 60 other channels like A&E, AMC, BET, HGTV, History, Food Network, and many more for $25 per month.
- At this price, Philo offers unlimited cloud DVR storage.
- Three users can watch simultaneously.
- Supports- Travel Channel, HGTV, A&E, Discovery, Lifetime, Food Network, and many more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)-
My activation code is not working?
- Check whether you ate submitting an accurate code or not.
- Your code might be expired, so try to get a new code from your device and submit it again.
- Re-install the MTV app again and follow the app procedure again.
MTV app is not working?
- Check whether you are connected to the internet properly or not.
- The speed must be decent to stream MTV smoothly.
- Update your device software.
- Disable any third app, which creates conflict.
- Re-install the MTV app.
2 thoughts on “How to activate MTV on streaming device?”