Vudu is an American video store and streaming platform that delivers video content to its subscriber without any monthly charges. You can rent any movie and show for 24 hours and watch it on your device. But many users claimed that while streaming Vudu they have faced stuck in loading, freezing, black screen and Vudu not working. If you are also facing any of these problems, you are on the right article Today, we will tell you how to fix the problem of Vudu Not Working on Smart TV.
Reasons for Vudu not working on Smart TV-
There can be many possible causes for Vudu not working on Smart TV. Here we mention some of the major reasons for Vudu not working on Smart TV, stuck in starting, black screen, and freezing.
- Temporary bugs.
- Internet is not working.
- Signal strength is too weak.
- The Vudu app is not up to date.
- Bugs stored on the Vudu app.
- Outdated firmware.
- Incorrect TV settings.
- Server down.
How to fix Vudu not working on Smart TV?
Here we mention 7 methods to fix Vudu not working on Smart TV-
Restart Vudu app-
- Simply press the back button or exit button on your TV remote.
- Press Yes option for confirmation of exit process, if promoted.
- Now again launch the Vudu app.
Reboot your Smart TV-
- Exit Vudu app.
- Press the power and standby button on your TV remote until your TV shuts down.
- You can also unplug the power cable for a few minutes.
- Then Plug in the power cord of your Smart TV.
- Press the Standby or power button again.
- Launch the Vudu app.
Check your Router-
- Check your Internet speed by opening another app.
- Try to keep your router as close as possible.
- If still nothing works then you must try any other router device.
Update Vudu app-
The outdated version of Vudu can also conflict with your Smart TV many times, so make sure that your Smart TV has the updated Vudu app.
How you can check whether your app needed an update?
- You have to visit the specific App store of your Smart TV (Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, Vizio Smart TV, LG Smart TV, and Sony Smart TV).
- Search for the Vudu app.
- If the update option prompt on your screen, that means your app needs an update.
- Tap on the update option.
- Wait until your app will be updated.
- Then launch the Vudu app and check whether your problem is fixed or not.
If still Vudu not working on Smart TV then you must proceed to our next method.
Reinstall Vudu app-
If your Vudu app is not opening even after updating, then you should try reinstalling it once. Sometimes bugs are stored in the app, which causes problems like freezing, stuck in loading, black screen, and blurred app.
So, by reinstalling the app, all those bugs in your Vudu app will be cleared automatically and at the same time, you will get a fresh start.
Update your Smart TV-
If even after following the above-given steps, your problem persists, then it is confirmed that the problem is not in your Vudu app but on Smart TV. First of all, we should always check whether Smart TV’s firmware is fully updated or not.
Because the outdated firmware is sometimes not able to support the apps and you face problems like Vudu not working or loading.
Update firmware on Samsung Smart TV-
- Go to the Settings option from the menu bar.
- Tap on the Support option on the left panel.
- Select the Software Update option on the support tab.
- Click on the Update Now option.
- Now your update will start downloading.
Update firmware on LG Smart TV-
- Tap on the home/start button on your TV remote.
- Choose the settings icon on the top right side.
- Now select the All settings option on the bottom of your TV screen.
- On the left panel, select the general option.
- Select the About This TV on the general tab.
- Then tap on the Check for updates option.
- Now your remaining update will proceed.
Update firmware on Vizio Smart TV-
- Tap on the V key on your TV remote.
- On the TV settings, select the System option.
- Select the Check for updates option on the system tab.
- If there is any update remaining, your Vizio Smart TV will start installing that update.
Update firmware on Sony Smart TV-
- First, press the Home button on your TV remote.
- Now go to the settings option.
- Choose the Setup option.
- Click on the Product Support.
- Select the Software Update.
- Now you have to press the Yes option for confirmation.
- Now your update will be started.
Update firmware on TCL Smart TV-
- Go to the settings option from the home screen.
- Select the system option.
- Choose the system update option.
- Tap on the Check Now option for looking at any remaining updates remaining.
- Then select the update now option for installing that new update.
Read also- How to fix BBC iPlayer not working problem?
If the problem persists even after updating the firmware, then there may be some incorrect setting in your Smart TV which is conflicting with the Vudu app. The biggest problem is to find those incorrect settings, and also it is not necessary that only one setting is corrupt.
The best way is to reset your Smart TV so that all the settings on your TV roll back to the default. After performing the factory reset process, install the Vudu app on your Smart TV and launch it.