Many users have claimed that they encountered the Spectrum error code WUC-1002 while using the Spectrum TV app. For many users, this error was completely new but for some, it was quite common. But this error was too annoying for everyone. In this guide, we cover all the reasons and fixing methods for this error.
Causes of Spectrum error code WUC-1002
There are the following reasons behind this error.
- Minor bugs on the spectrum device.
- Internet connection is not stable.
- Slow internet speed.
- Outdated version of the Spectrum TV app.
- Corrupted spectrum app.
Read also- How to fix Ticketmaster Error Code 0007?
How to fix Spectrum error code: WUC-1002?
Restart your device-
It is not necessary that the problem is always major, sometimes Spectrum error code WUC-1002 is also caused by minor bugs, so you should take the easy step like restarting your Spectrum device. Because many users have claimed that they got rid of this problem by restarting. So plug out your device from the power source for about 1 minute, then check it once by plugging it in.
If the Spectrum error code: WUC-1002 is still appearing on your screen, then it means that the problem is not related to bugs, so you can follow our further steps.
Check the internet connection-
The most common problem for “Spectrum error code: WUC-1002′ are internet disturbance and fluctuation. Due to slow internet speed, it takes a lot of time to exchange data and due to this, Spectrum TV becomes unable to access its servers. So get your internet speed checked with the speed tester tool and if possible, use a new internet connection that is fast.
Update the spectrum TV app-
Make sure you are using the latest version of the Spectrum TV app. Because it has been seen many times that the outdated version conflicts with the system, and due to which the error code: WUC-1002 appears on your screen.
So make sure in advance that the version you are using should be the latest one because the chances of getting bugs and viruses are very high in the outdated version.
Reinstall the Spectrum TV app-
If your app is completely updated and still you are facing this error. So that means the problem is in your app itself and it is better that you uninstall this app once and install it again. So that all the bugs which are in this app will be wiped out automatically.
Re-installing the Spectrum TV app will give the app a fresh start and you can activate it again so that if there were any mistakes earlier then that won’t happen this time.
- Go to the official Spectrum website.
- Now, create an account by entering your username and password.
- In a while, an activation code will be prompt on your screen.
- Visit the www.spectrum.net/activate link.
- Submit your given code in the respective field.
- Then choose the channels you want to add to your channel list.
- After this click on the OK button.
Do “Reset equipment”-
You can also perform online troubleshoot in order to fix the Spectrum error code: WUC 1002. Follow the given steps-
- First, go to the official spectrum website.
- Log in with your spectrum’s account credentials.
- Click on the service tab.
- Locate the Experience issues option under the service tab.
- At last, click on the Reset equipment option.
- In a while, your device’s setting will reset.
If even after trying all the above steps, you do not get any solution for this Spectrum error code WUC-1002. So the last option is to contact their support staff. You can contact them via call or message.
Call no- 1-855-707-7328