Many health experts believe that walking more than 10,000 steps per day helps us to stay fit and healthy. Yes, it is definitely very difficult to manage and track all your physical activities every day. We should thanks to technology because it is now possible to do all this.
We now have Apple Watch, Fit band, and many more to track all your physical activities but all these devices are a bit expensive which is not possible for everyone, but don’t worry, you have many such applications for your iPhone that helps you to monitor all your physical activities.
There are basically two types of applications available in this category- Pedometer application and step-counter application
Pedometer apps– This will track your all-day steps and activities.
Step-counter apps-This will monitor your all workout, distance as well as speed.
The good thing is that all our selected apps can do both.
It is very important to understand that most apps will do not accurate as of the Apple Watch and other wearable Fitness Watch because most apps only work based due to the GPS and sensors in iPhones.
So let’s talk about the best step counter this year.
Here are the 10 best Pedometer of 2020-
Accupedo is one of the most popular step counter apps on the iPhone. This app has its own unique identity, which brings it to the topmost rank in our list. It has a very good display and interface of your history, which makes the good experience of using the app. It will definitely motivate you to walk more steps and it is all one health tool, which is essential for every jogger or runner.
You also have an option of customizing in it where you can change sensitivity, put body weight in kg, and also you can set your desire aims or goals in it to makes you fit.
It basically works through your mobile GPS, and also calculate you are either running or cycling. This app will help you to achieve your Goals like your fellow, and its simple and easy log or chart will motivate you a lot to steps more and more.
- It fully monitors your Steps, calories, time, and distance.
- You can also connect or sync with your apple watch.
- If you love sharing your daily activities with family and friends then this tool is fully compatible with sharing your daily log on social media.
- Daily log chart of Step counts, distance, time, and calorie burn.
- It also prepares charts of the Daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly step counts.
- It is fully compatible with most of the iPhone series.
- You can also enjoy musing while using this App
- It can’t perform well in counting steps when the mobile is not set in one place.
- Try as much as you can to stabilize the mobile in your waist, it will bring more accurate counting.
Pacer is fully ready to voyage with you like a good friend and smart coach. It is also a very well-known pedometer app, which is quite accurate as well as easy to use.
In this, you get all the activities on one intuitive screen, which makes it very easier to use as well as saves time. You will also find guided workouts and challenges that will motivate you a lot to take every step. You can track your weight along with BMI over time, by which you can experience changes in your body.
You can also create a group with your friend where you can compare their daily steps in real-time and inspire yourself while personalized guides help you to achieve your goals. It has a GPS feature by which it can mark your route of running and cycling.
- Pacer monitor steps, distance, calorie burnt, stairs count, and many more.
- You can also share your achievement with friends through social media sharing options.
- It can easily sync with your apple watch.
- You can also connect with your family and friends.
- It includes daily exercise plans for all activity and step by step video and audio-guided workouts.
- Also, have BMI tracking and auto-sync feature of steps and calorie to MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
- If the step counter is not performing accurately, go to the “pedometer preference” and adjust the Pedometer mode.
- If you are going for walk with someone, remember that both iPhone’s pacer sensibility should be the same, then you will get good results.
Runtastic is one of the very well-known pedometer applications in the iOS market. It is created by the famous company “Adidas”. You can also engage with the competition and compare your stats through the global leaderboard.
You can customize your dashboard as per your need and you can able to integrate all stats of workouts to Apple health and you can also put a beep sound for every 1000 steps so that you get an inference without seeing the screen.
You will also get audio feedback through the app voice coach, will keep you inspired. You can set your own personal goal, whether it is for a day or month’s Goal, this app will help you to remind your Goal from time to time.
All your stats are placed on one screen so that your experience with this app is good. It is the perfect app for training 5000 mtr, a marathon, or exercising for weight loss, and it helps towards achieving goals
- You can easily share your daily stats on Facebook and Twitter.
- It tracks speed, distance, Calorie burnt, elevation, and many more by this app.
- Create a group with your friends, run with them, and you can participate in several events also.
- Easy tracking and live tracking
- By connecting your account with the Relive app, you are able to 3D look at of your Run.
- The free version is loaded with many ads.
- For better accuracy, keep your phone in a stable position.
Fitbit is one of the leading health and fitness apps globally. It tracks your daily physical activity and progress over time. You can easily connect with family members and friends via this app, and can also challenge each other, afterwards you can perform better.
It includes Challenges Workout, Nutrition Tip, Sleep Tools many more to motivate you. You can also set your own milestone, and after attaining that goal you can earn achievement badges and celebrate milestones.
Also, it has a sleep feature that Discovers how long and how well you’re sleeping, then improve your unmanaged schedule by using sleep tools like a bedtime timer and many more.
- Fitbit can track all-day steps, calorie burnt, distance, speed, and many more.
- You can also manage stress by playing motivation songs to lessen your stress and improve your mood.
- It also helps to set your nutrition stats like tracking calories, log food and water, and many more.
- All daily, monthly stats are available in one frame, which is easy to read and understand.
- You can sync your data to more than 3,000 popular ally apps.
- Easily sharing with social media tools available.
- You will not get many features in the free version, you will only get 90 days of a free trial.
- For more features, you have to purchase this app.
Stepz is a well-known health app in the market and its customers are quite satisfied with this app. It is a fully efficient app and consumes less percentage of battery. It leverages the powerful Apple Motion Coprocessor, which automatically collects your motion data from your iPhone.
It incorporates all your stats and integrates well with the health app, by syncing with the Health app, and you are able to keep all your stats and logs. It has a very easy and understandable interface, which provides its user with a good experience.
You can connect with your friends, and compete with each other. Set your goal, complete it, and enjoy milestones.
- Fully integrates with apple health.
- No GPS required
- It can monitor footsteps, calories, Food diet, sleep, and many more.
- Can sync with apple watch.
- Also, run in the background which it drains low battery usage.
- It can easily customize your daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly data in one frame very efficiently.
- Not too accurate, you have to place your iPhone in your waist for more accurate results.
Activity Tracker Pedometer will keep you monitor all day long, and helps you take the step. It leverages your motion processor instead of the iPhone’s GPS. It also supports in iPhone’s background, so it eats less battery.
Its interface is very simple and clean, giving the user a good app experience. It brings all the stats in one place, which makes the user easy to read and understand.
This is a friendly app, it can easily sync with Apple Health and Apple watch. You can also share your daily progress with your friends through social media and by doing this, you will get an incentive to move forward.
- Track your daily steps, calorie burned, distance, Speed, active time, and many more.
- Monitor your daily, weekly, and monthly stats in every detail.
- You can customize your interface with many accent colors.
- It has an import/export feature to save your data and move on to another iPhone.
- You can also set your milestone, after finishing it you can earn some points.
- No GPS required
- Most of the features are not available in the free version, you have to upgrade to the pro version.
Google Fit is one of the best fitness apps, it was developed by Google and collaborate with American Heart Association (AHA) and the World Health Organization (WHO), which makes it very trustworthy for its users.
It scans your all activities throughout the whole day and merging all those activities forms stats. It fully supports those apps which are compatible with your Apple health, also you can easily sync with these apps, and share all stats.
- It can fully monitor your daily steps, heart rate, pace, distance, and many more.
- Google fit covers all your data in one place, which saves time.
- You can also set your own goal.
- It can measure heart rate more accurately than other apps available here.
- Google fit can also automatically detect you are running, walking, or cycling throughout the day.
- It consumes more battery percentage.
MyfitnessPal is one of the best calorie meter app, and it also has an inbuilt feature of step counting. It is considered one of the finest apps in the market, due to this it has also been featured in many places as the best iPhone health and fitness app.
This app is fully encoded with many varieties of features which will encourage you to keep going every day. You easily track your daily nutrients and can customize your diary like breakfast, lunch logs. It has a large no of the food database which is very important for your diet maintenance.
This app will stay on your service 24 hours, it’s almost like having a fitness coach right inside your iPhone. A lot of exercises have been already added to this app, but you can also create your own exercise and workout as well.
- The calorie counter is really solid.
- It can measure daily steps, pace, distance, active time, and many more.
- MyfitnessPal can easily and automatically sync with other devices.
- You can share your daily progress through social media.
- It automatically compiles all the data and creates stats.
- The Step counter is not that accurate.
Map My Walk is also the finest app for step counting. It can collect all your daily data, then summarize it in the form of stats, and after it placed all stats in one frame.
Map My Fitness can display your route in Map, you can also customize your goals and adjust them as you improve with each walk. It can easily connect and sync your data with various apps and wearable watches like apple watch, health app, and many more.
You will feel highly motivated by its audio feedback and many exercise activities.
- It can easily monitor your pace, speed, distance, calorie burnt, and many more.
- You can also check out your calorie intake via syncing your data to the MyFitnessPal app for a comprehensive look.
- For encouragement, you can share your daily progress on social media.
- It also has route features to find nearby places to walk.
- Your route is shown on your map with the help of GPS.
- It uses GPS all the time by which the battery drains fast.
StepsApp Pedometer is a powerful tool to monitor all your daily fitness activities. It comes with beautiful and well-detailed charts as well as animation. You don’t need any extra gear, this is enough for your enough to handle your daily progress.
You can easily export/import your data from another iPhone to your phone. It can manage to overview all your stats in the Today widget to simplify.
- You can quickly overview your daily steps, stairs, distance, pace, calorie burnt, and many more.
- It also supports GPS tracking and the iMessage app.
- You can share it with social media handles.
- It can integrate with apple health and easily sync with apple watch.
- Wheelchair supports
- It comes in six different colors and patterns, to make it more attractive for the user.
- Due to GPS, the battery percentage will low soon.
- For more accuracy placed the phone in a stable place.